Use of Your Information
We collect and store certain personally identifiable information about you (i.e., information which may identify you in some way; such as your name, billing address, telephone number, email address, screen name and/or financial information) (“PII”) only when you voluntarily submit it.
When you connect to our Site, there is certain technical, non-personally identifiable information which does not identify any individual (“Non-PII”) that may be collected and stored through the use of “cookie” technology and IP addresses. PII is not extracted in this process. Non-PII may include, but is not limited to, your IP host address, internet browser type, personal computer settings, and the number, duration, and character of page visits. This information assists us to update a Site so that it remains interesting to our visitors and contains content that is tailored to visitors’ interests.
- To respond to your questions, comments, and requests; to provide you with access to certain areas and features on a Site; and to communicate with you about your activities on a Site.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- To the extent that you provide us with financial information in connection with shopping or commercial services offered on a Site, we may use the financial information that you provide to fulfill the services.
- To help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising.
- To share with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and promotional partners involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining a Site, as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as administration of the Site, administration of promotions or other features on the Site, marketing, data analysis, and customer services). In order to share such information, it may be necessary for us to transmit your PII outside the jurisdiction set forth below and you agree to this transfer. Further use or disclosure of PII by these parties for other purposes is not permitted.
- To share with third party service providers whom we employ to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such functions may include, but are not limited to, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data and providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service). These third party service providers have access to PII that is needed to perform their functions, and may collect or store PII as part of their performance of these functions, but are not authorized to use it for other purposes.
- For our internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services and customer communications.
- For other purposes as disclosed when your PII is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular feature of a Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order.
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights.
- In an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of a Site or the general public, or in the interests of national security.
Except as provided for herein, we will not provide any of your PII to any third parties without your specific consent.
Managing Your Personal Information. You have the ultimate control over the PII that we collect and use. You can always chose not to provide certain PII, but please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by a Site unless you provide us with your PII. If you wish to verify, update, or correct any of your PII collected through a Site, contact us on the details provided in the contact section of this policy.
We may also use your PII for the following purposes:
Website interaction. We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, information that you type into our online forms, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, videos watched, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page. This may also include information about your device or browser.
Direct Marketing. We may use your personal information to send you Aven - related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Your Choices section below.
For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data records from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
To comply with laws and regulations. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyber-attacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Managing Cookies. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website or use our Site and some services and functionalities we offer may not work.
To restrict or handle cookies, please see the ‘Help’ section of your internet browser.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Site data is stored unencrypted in Digital Ocean Managed PostgreSQL Service, and Digital Ocean Object Storage Service.
We use best efforts to keep the Site secure for the users. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. We encourage you to use caution when using the Site or any website.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Ability to Delete Data.
If you have registered for an account with us, you may delete your data. Site editors may also delete their data;
- Site administrators may delete historical event logs;
- Site owners may delete the entire site;
Ability to Export.
You may access, correct, delete and export your Site data.
Please note that if you choose to delete your account, we may continue to retain certain information about you as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Notice to California Residents - CCPA
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected, used and shared and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information. The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you including associated logs.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service.
Excercising your CCPA rights
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights, by emailing [email protected] upon request. We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
- Data Processing Agreements (DPA). We may provide Data Processing Agreements (DPAs) upon request. Email [email protected] Our DPA has been written specially for our service, so modifications to the DPA are only available for enterprise customers.
- Request a list of third party marketers. California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of certain personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year (if any). You can submit such a request by sending an email to [email protected] with “Shine the Light” in the subject line. The request must include your current name, street address, city, state, and zip code and attest to the fact that you are a California resident.
Data Protection Rights under the GDPR
If you are in one of the EU/EEA countries, we have certain obligations as a data processor towards Account Owners regarding your Personal Information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). That is why it is important to us that data subjects can not only exercise their right to object but also the following rights where the respective legal requirements are satisfied:
- Right to information, Art. 15 of the GDPR
- Right to correction, Art. 16 of the GDPR
- Right to deletion (“Right to be forgotten”), Art. 17 of the GDPR Right to limit processing, Art. 18 of the GDPR
- Right to data transmissibility, Art. 20 of the GDPR
- Right to object, Art. 21 of the GDPR
To exercise your right, please contact us as indicated in the "Contact Us" section below.
Data Processor and Sub-Processors
Art. 28 through 36 of the GDPR cover the requirements for data processing and data processing agreements and we process in accordance with these sections.
In order to be able to process your request, as well as for identification purposes, please note that we will use your personal information in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 (c) of the GDPR. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77GDPR in combination with Section 19 GDPR.
You can read about the full GDPR regulations on https://gdpr-info.eu/
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others in accordance with the CCPA. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Aven aims to comply with the COPPA. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13 years old without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Third Party Payment Processor
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Site services, for our valid business purposes, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, defend our legal rights, and enforce our agreements.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.